The thief left it behind: the moon at my window - Ryokan

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Infamous Proust Questionairre



What is your idea of perfect happiness?

acceptance

What is your greatest fear?


a spider crawling down my back...


Which historical figure do you most identify with?

Ghandi :)
...of course I have a long way to go....
(and I would like to go further)


Which living person do you most admire?


Mandela, among many, many others


What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?


that I tire easily

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

injustice, intolerance

What is your greatest extravagance?

chocolate


What is your favorite journey?


life

What do you consider the most over-rated virtue?

dignity


On what occasion do you lie?


I try not to


What do you dislike most about your appearance?


... I don't have big lips :D

Which living person do you most despise?

no one

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

I love you


What is your greatest regret?


this is a tough one because I don't believe in regret....
....maybe that I wasn't with my daughter, Gra-anna at the end of her life
...and that I still had so much more to learn when my teacher died as I would have
loved him to know I was ready to take over hat he left off, which I wasn't
- but I also know all is as it must be -

What or who is the greatest love of your life?


Gien & my children (not just my 'blood' children) & Awen & my sons in law and all
the beautiful beings Gra-anna brought into my life creating a huge extended
family

Which talent would you most like to have?

music (besides those I do have)

What is your current state of mind?

open

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?

my children are amazing and I watch with joy
I would wish for my mother and siblings to be open to joy


What do you consider your greatest achievement
?

the ability to embrace whatever happens

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?


a monk (I don't like the word 'nun' - so maybe when I come back - nuns & monks
will all be called monks - I hope still to be a woman :)

If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?

see above

What is your most treasured possession?

my apple mac and my bath


What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?


forgetting who we truly are


Where would you like to live?


at the ocean

What is your favorite occupation?

all that I do

What is your most marked characteristic?

I don't know -
maybe that's it: that I can't see myself as a self

What is the quality you most like in a man?

the ability to share and express feelings

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

the ability to share and express feelings


What do you most value in your friends?


love and constructive critism

Who are your favorite writers?

used to be Milan Kundera - not sure anymore

Who is your favorite hero/heroine of fiction?

no one comes to mind really - any noble warrior will do

Who are your heroines/heroes in real life?

any being who lives to alleviate others from suffering

What are your favorite names?

there are many - Ananda for now...


What is it that you most dislike?


intolerance

How would you like to die?

being aware

What is your motto?

be true to self

No comments: